ARTAS – How It Works
Dr. LeBeau uses the ARTAS Robotic System to perform efficient, precise follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedures with unparalleled accuracy. This method of hair restoration allows Dr. LeBeau to remove the hair for transplantation from the donor area without using a scalpel, or creating any linear scarring. It allows very short hairstyles, which is a well-known limitation of the traditional strip technique. The recovery time is significantly shortened, with noticeably less discomfort, and with less physical restrictions that following a traditional linear strip procedure.
- The ARTAS Robot Assisted FUE System scans and digitizes a small area of the scalp to identify and track each hair using complex software algorithms, and custom, stereoscopic surgical cameras.
- Updating coordinates every 20 milliseconds, the ARTAS System’s image-guided robotics harvests follicular units for transplant with micron-level precision. Each follicle is selectively harvested with minimal trauma to the surrounding skin to maintain the look of your donor area, with no linear scar that is associated with traditional linear strip techniques.
- Dr. LeBeau creates recipient sites in the areas of loss, carefully making each site individually to create as natural pattern as possible, following the angles of your own hair, and creating permanent, natural hairlines. The follicles are gently implanted into the recipient sites individually.
- You can return to work as soon as the day following the procedure, and keep an active lifestyle without worrying about if anyone will notice. There are no sutures, stitches, or staples to remove. The tiny wounds created with the FUE hair restoration procedure heal quickly.
- You will start to see results in 3-4 months, with results and hair density improving until 8 to 12 months following a procedure.